Martens Avenue, Barnehurst, 1946

Pinnacle Hill, Martens Avenue, Barnehurst, Bexley, 1946 - click to enlarge 

Most of Bexleyheath and Barnehurst was a creation of the 1930s, but a few sites escaped the builders' fevered activity.

The initiative was quickly resumed after the war when pockets of land, in this case the site of the Springfield House, were built on.

The Springfield Estate was re-developed by W.G. Garratt and Sons Ltd.

Nearby Dorothy Evans Close was also a post-war development.