High Street, Bexley Village, c. 1905

High Street, Bexley Village, c. 1905 

High Street, Bexley Village, c. 1905 

Bexley High Street, looking east towards the junction with Bourne Road.

The Freemantle Hall is the tall building with the belltower on the left, built in 1894 by public subscription on a site given by William Freemantle in 1891.

Just beyond Freemantle Hall is the sign for the Kings Head public house. This pub is one of the oldest buildings in the village and is amongst its oldest established pubs.

Robert Dickenson held the first known licence for this site between 1713 and 1723.

The secind image is detail from the first.

See historic maps of Bexley Village