Pickford Lane, Bexleyheath, 1932
This view of Pickford Lane, Bexleyheath, looks north. Its location is unceratain though it is probably the section just north of the railway, now the modern Pickford Close.
By the early 1930s this was the only part of Pickford Lane that retained its original character. To the south were Victorian developments and extensive glasshouses associated with market gardening, and to the north the development of Bowford, Jenton, Albury and Dorcis Avenues.
The site has its place in suburban development; just behind the hedge to the left was a brickworks.