Crayford Bridge, Crayford, 1920


Crayford Bridge looking east to Crayford High Street, with the Bear and Ragged Staff Hotel on the left.

Crayford Bridge was the first stone bridge to span the River Cray at this point in 1755.

The drinking fountain in the bridge parapet is inscribed: 'To S A Blackwood Esq CB in grateful remembrance of Christian work in Crayford 1871 - 1880'.

The second photograph is detail from the first.

See historic maps of Crayford