Avenue Road, Erith, c. 1915
Avenue Road, looking towards the junction with Manor Road.
The Royal Arsenal Co-Operative store (detail below) with its distinctive tower can be seen in the centre of the photograph.
The Erith Branch of the Society began in 1882 in a house known as Kent House, which stood on the same spot.
To the right of the photo stands the Prince of Wales public house, long since demolished, now replaced by a McDonalds Restaurant.