High Street, Erith, 1910
Looking down Erith High Street towards the junction with West Street, the Yacht Tavern is on the left.
The high buildings on the right are the flourmills of Cannon and Gaze. Fletcher & Gaze originally owned the mills but they amalgamated in 1892 with Stephen Cannon of Bexley Mill to form Cannon & Gaze Ltd. of Erith.
New mills were built in 1903, after the original was destroyed by fire, and the greater part was demolished in 1937 to make way for the Riverside Gardens.
The photograph dates back to 1910.