Blue Circle Sports Ground Clubhouse, Bromley Common, 1986

Hastings Road, Bromley Common, c. 1895

Opening in 1931 as the Bromley and District Sports Club, by 1934 it had become a country club.

Taken over by Blue Circle as a staff facility in the early 1950s, the clubhouse was situated at the junction of Crown and Turpington Lanes.

A new pavillion was built further west in 1964 but the ground closed 20 years later, the original pavillion pictured here being demolished.

Subsequently designated green belt land all attempts at redevelopment have failed and it now lies derelict.

See historic maps of Bromley Common