High Street, Chislehurst, c. 1950
A picture showing contrasting shopping parades.
On the left is Burlington Parade, built around 1890 at what was then the northern edge of the town.
On the far left is a small parade added c.1898 and originally housing the Co-op.
On the right the shops, in the restrained mock-tudor style favoured at the time, date from about 1935.
The board is advertising the services of Frank Warren the chemist who traded from this site from 1936 to the late 1950s.