Gray's Farm, Cray Valley, 1934
A view of the last days of Gray's Farm when in the ownership of a Mr. Higgs who owned several farms in the district.
The main buildings, seen in the middle distance date from the mid 18th century but were swept away between 1948 and 1953 as part of the development of the St. Paul's Cray Estate.
The name is commemorated by a school and a road that follows the line of the original farm lane.
Horsell Road occupies the site of the farmhouse.
Note the Victorian houses of St. Mary Cray new town in the distance.
Copyright: Topham Picture Source