Waterworks Tower, Farnborough, Bromley, c.1920


This view shows the junction of Sevenoaks Road with Tower Road. The waterworks (more accurately a pumping station), pumped water to holding reservoirs at Farnborough, Castlewood, Southfleet and Bickley. It was in operation from 1880.

The buildings shown here were demolished in the 1970s. The bridge over the road carries the Sevenoaks railway line of 1868.