Mounthurst Road, Hayes, 1950
After interruption due to the war, development continued in Hayes.
This is a view of the construction of the Hayes Place council estate which gained its own shopping precinct in Chilham Way on the left.
The houses in the background are part of the pre-war Hayes Place private estate.
Behind the camera and up the hill is the Pickhurst estate.
This was the final development close to the original village centre but there was still open country towards Bromley.