The Walnuts, High Street, Orpington, Bromley, c. 1900



Designed by local architect George St. Pierre Harris and built in 1886, the Walnuts was opposite Mayfield Place and had the same owners, the Vinson family.

Named for the two nearby avenues of walnut trees, it had a comparatively short life as a house, becoming connected with the local tennis club about 1930.

Demolished before 1960, (possibly considerably before) the site became the entrance to the Walnuts shop and office complex in the 1970s.

See historic maps of Orpington