Site of Coney Hall Estate, West Wickham, c. 1931


Prior to 1930 most of the development in West Wickham had been on the north side of the village. But following the death of Sir Henry Lennard, Lord of the Manor in 1928 much of Wickham Court estate was sold off.

The lands of Coney Hall farm were bought by Morrells, the builders who were also developing the Garden Estate at Petts Wood west.

Nearer to Hayes Station than West Wickham, connections were made using a free 'luxury coach' which ran every 10 minutes from 7.30am until 10pm. The roads were so bad that London Transport refused to provide a service.

See historic maps of West Wickham