Clifton Villa, Blackheath Park, 1938



Clifton Villa, 45 Blackheath Park (formerly 1 Park Road), an attractive detached house built in 1826.

A short flight of steps leads to the central front door and porch, the adjacent Coach House can be seen on the right.

First occupied by a merchant, James Kemp, the second occupant was George Stephenson, nephew of Robert Stephenson, the railway pioneer.

Part of the Cator Estate.

Photograph taken in March 1938. Copyright: Trustees of the late Alan Roger Martin.

See historic maps of Blackheath Park