House Gardens in the Cator Estate, Blackheath Park, 1938


Land between Brooklands Road (Park) and Foxes Dale, part of the Cator Estate.

In 1935 new houses were built on land belonging to Brooklands House.

One house, Penshurst, was built in the back garden of Bellefield House, which stood in Foxes Dale.

The image of the 1930s houses is not clear in this picture.

Photograph taken in March 1938. Copyright: Trustees of the late Alan Roger Martin

See historic maps of Blackheath Park