Houses in Lee Road, Blackheath, 1940



The first picture shows two pairs of semi-detached houses formerly known as 1 - 4 Melville Place, Lee Road, part of the Cator Estate.

Built in 1830 in Regency style, the second view shows the front elevation with basement windows and the nine steps leading to the typical Regency entrance door.

On the right a canopy over the two ground floor windows is supported by fine wrought ironwork.

Photographs taken January 1940. Copyright: Trustees of the late Alan Roger Martin.

See historic maps of Blackheath Park