Charlton House, Charlton Village, c. 1900
Charlton House, the manor house of Charlton, was built 1607 - 1612 by Adam Newton, tutor to Prince Henry.
It was bought by the Metropolitan Borough of Greenwich from the Maryon-Wilson family in 1925.
The Borough of Greenwich used it as a museum, library and art gallery, and it is now a community centre and library.
A large portion of the parkland survives as public open space.