Poplar Cottage , Charlton Village, c. 1920
Poplar Cottage has stood in Charlton Road since at least 1695. It is the last surving example of weatherboarded cottages in Charlton. Many similar cottages in Charlton were pulled down in the 20th century.
It has been restored by the Blackheath Preservation Trust and stands on the corner of Rectory Field and Charlton Road.