St Barnabas Church, Well Hall, Eltham, 1933


St Barnabas Church was originally the chapel of the Royal Dockyard of Woolwich.

Built in 1859 it was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott. The dockyard was closed in 1869 and the church became redundant.

It was moved from Woolwich to its present site in Eltham in 1933. It was damaged during World War II.

Print of a photograph, Copyright John Kennett, Contact Greenwich Local History Library.


See historic maps of Eltham