Heavitree Road, Plumstead, c. 1900


Heavitree Road adjoins the open space of Plumstead Common.

The Plumstead Alms-houses on the left hand side of the photograph are new, having been built in 1896.

This part of the almshouses was destroyed in World War II but later rebuilt. The remainder of the alms-houses are in Waverly Crescent.

See historic maps of Plumstead