Orchard Road, Plumstead, c. 1900
Smart new terraces in Orchard Road, looking north towards the Royal Arsenal and the River Thames.
The cart in the foreground belongs to Tuff and Hoare, a company based in Woolwich. The cart also has Midland Railway company written on the side.
The other cart possibly contains water for laying the dust in the road.
Open windows and the dog resting on the pavement suggest a warm day. This section of Orchard Road was later renamed Ancona Road.