Tram Terminus, High Street, Plumstead, c. 1910


The Plume of Feathers public house and the adjoining cafe were convenient for those waiting for rams.

This c.1910 postcard view shows both horse drawn and electric trams working together. This was the period when electrification of that part of the tramway network was proceeding fast.

The tram link to Woolwich was a considerable amenity as a large proportion of Plumstead residents worked in the Royal Arsenal at Woolwich.

See historic maps of Plumstead