Hog Lane, Woolwich, c. 1888



View looking north along Hog Lane towards the river.

Shortly after this photograph was taken the right hand side of Hog Lane was demolished so that Surgeon Street and Hog Lane could form the approach to the new Woolwich Free Ferry, opened in 1889.

The road was renamed Nile Street and later Ferry Approach.

The whole of the site now lies under the Waterfront Leisure Centre.

See historic maps of Woolwich