Rotunda, Woolwich Common, Woolwich, c. 1900



The Rotunda was originally a tent put up in London as part of the festivities to celebrate the defeat of Napoleon.

It was moved to Woolwich in 1816 and converted in 1920 into a permanent structure by the eminent architect, John Nash.

It became a museum of guns for the Royal Artillery and still serves that purpose today.

See historic maps of Woolwich