Wellington Street, Woolwich, c. 1900



Looking north down Wellington Street.

St. John's Church, which was destroyed in World War II, is in the foreground on the right hand side.

The South Circular Road (John Wilson Street) now crosses Wellington Street just beyond the site of the church.

On the left can be seen the "Star" public house which now stands on the corner of Wellington Street and the South Circular Road.

See historic maps of Woolwich