Woolwich High Street, Woolwich, c. 1905
Two views of Woolwich High Street, c.1905:
1. Looking west from the junction with Hare Street and Nile Street (Ferry Approach).
This part of the High Street looks quite different today, the buildings on the north (right) side of the road have been demolished and the very narrow road shown here is now a dual carriageway.
It is no longer possible to see the tower of St. Mary Magdalen's Church as it is masked by the former Granada cinema.
2. Looking east from the intersection with Powis Street.
The buildings on the left have all been demolished including the fine Enon Baptist Chapel which was set back from the road and cannot be seen in this photograph. Its sign, however, can be glimpsed.
Some of the buildings on the right hand side survive.