Map of Well Hall, Eltham, 1746
Well Hall (or Wale Hall as Rocque has erroneously described it) was a small hamlet on the road from Eltham to Woolwich. Kidbrooke Lane bisected the hamlet.
On the southern corner of Kidbrooke Lane is Well Hall House and its out-buildings which include the, still surviving, Tudor Barn.
On the north side of the junction stood the quaintly named Nell Gwynne's Cottages. It was in the field on the east side of Well Hall road that the Progress Estate was built in 1915.
Click on the map for an enlarged image or click here for a larger, readable image (slower download).
Engraved by Richard Parr, surveyed and published by John Rocque, 1746