Loughborough House, Brixton, 1825
The old manor house of Lambeth Wick built at the beginning of the 17th century and named after Henry Hastings, 1st Baron of Loughborough.
In 1785 the house became an academy for young noblemen and stood on the bend of what is now Loughborough Road.
The outline of the house is perpetuated by the layout of Claribel and Evandale Roads.
The house was demolished in 1854 and replaced by housing within a new network of streets.