South London Hospital for Women, Clapham, 1925


The South London Hospital for Women, Clapham Common South Side.

Entirely staffed by women, the hospital was founded in 1912 and opened by Queen Mary on July 4th 1916.

It was enlarged in the 1930s and closed down in 1984.

Currently it is being demolished to make way for a superstore and residential development.

Published in the South London Hospital Ball souvenir programme, June 3rd 1925.