The Rookery, Clapham Common, Clapham, 1832



A group of weatherboarded buildings on the south side of the common near Rookery Road.

They were originally part of the Thornton House stables and later had a mixture of residential and commercial use. They were demolished in 1904.

This early watercolour of the Rookery is considered to be by Miss F.Colson, and is dated 15th September 1832.