The Rookery, Clapham Common, Clapham, 1903



A group of weatherboarded buildings on the south side of the common near Rookery Road.

They were originally part of the Thornton House stables and later had a mixture of residential and commercial use. They were demolished in 1904.

Below is an early watercolour of the Rookery, considered to be by Miss F.Colson, 15th September 1832.

Photograph by W. H. Goy, 1903.