Colossi of Abu Simbel, Crystal Palace, 1855





Originally built in 1851 for the Great Exhibition at Hyde Park, the Crystal Palace was reconstructed here in 1852 - 1854, and burnt down in 1936.

Interior view showing work in progress on the heads of the Colossi of Abu Simbel.

'Photographic Views of The Crystal Palace' by Phillip H.Delamotte, published in 1855.