The Lodge, Kennington Park, Kennington, 1851




Design for the Model House, originally erected at Hyde Park for the Great Exhibition in 1851 and later moved to Kennington Park.

The plan and elevation is based on the Prince Consort's design for a building to house four families of the "labouring classes".

Published by "The Society for Improving the Condition of the Labouring Classes", 1851.

Note the inclusion of an inside WC (detail below), but no bathroom facilities.