Fore Street, Lambeth North, c. 1860

fore-street-00136-350 

 

 



 

This photograph shows Fore Street at the junction with Ferry Street, its kerb just visible on the left.

Janeway's Pottery, one of the earliest manufacturers of decorated salt-glazed stone-ware in England is seen on the left facing Diamond Hall, formerly the Bishop of Hereford's Palace.

Most of the buildings and streets in the area were replaced by the Albert Embankment, 1866 - 1870.

See historic maps of Lambeth North