Gunnell's Cottages, Lambeth North, 1911





Gunnell's Cottages, Salamanca Street, demolished to construct the Albert Embankment.

This photograph shows part of the Doulton Pottery buildings at the rear.

The courtyard was entered through a wooden swing-door that led to four two-storey cottages.

One of the cottages was once rented to a dealer in stolen dogs. He left fifty dogs concealed in the yard when he died.