Norwood Technical College, West Norwood, c. 1920
Norwood Technical College, also known as The Lower Norwood Working Men's Institute, was presented by the philanthropist Mr. Arthur Anderson to benefit the community in 1860.
Founder of the P & O shipping line, he was also an M.P. from 1847 - 1853 and a director of the Crystal Palace Co.
The architect, Mr. Lamb, designed the institute in the Victorian Gothic style.
Most of the building was demolished to make way for the South London College c.1970, which was closed down in the late 1990s and the site cleared in 2000.