Leigham Court House, Streatham Hill, Streatham, c. 1895



Two views of Leigham Court House, Streatham Hill, built by the banker John George Fuller in the early 1830s.

1. This view shows the extensive gardens and green houses in the grounds.

2. This view shows the rear of the house and walkway, part of the extensive gardens in the grounds.

Leigham Court Road was developed with large Victorian houses on either side of the road following the purchase of the Manor of Leigham by Beriah Drew in 1836.

Some of the buildings still exist. However, none of the large gardens have survived after the area was developed as a high density residential area with schools and housing estates in the mid and late 1900s.


See historic maps of Streatham