St Michael's Convent, Park Hill, Streatham Common, 1939


Park Hill, Streatham Common North, built in c.1830 by William Leaf, a banker and silk merchant of Streatham.

Sir Henry Tate, the sugar magnate (Tate and Lyle), art collector and philanthropist lived here from 1885.

The house was converted to St Michael's Convent in 1923.

This view shows the dining room (added to the house by Sir Henry Tate to house his collection of paintings), seen here when the building was in use as a convent.

The building and grounds were redeveloped as a luxury residential complex between 2001 and 2002.

See historic maps of Streatham