Streatham Hill Station, Streatham, c. 1910



Looking up Streatham Hill, with Streatham Hill Station on the left.

Opened as Streatham Station on 1st December 1856 by the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway (LBSCR), it was renamed Streatham and Brixton Hill before being amended to its present name in 1869.

The station entrance, resembling a country barn to blend in with its original rural surroundings, has not been altered over the years, largely due to the fact that the structure of the bridge would not support a larger building.

See historic maps of Streatham