Eastnor House, Lloyd's Place, Blackheath, 1989


Eastnor House was probably built in the 1750s on a piece of land enclosed from the Heath.

One celebrated resident was civil engineer Bryan Donkin (1836 - 1902).

The house was used as a boy's orphanage from the 1890s to 1920 and then as a wireless factory. It was restored in the 1960s.

Watercolour illustration by Hugh McKenzie.

See historic maps of Blackheath