1 & 2 Paragon Place, Blackheath, c. 1938


Paragon Mews was the original and appropriate name for this service road behind Montpelier Row, which developed in the 1790's to give access to the stables of the larges house facing the Heath.

Some cottages, for coachmen and gardeners, were also built together with livery stables and the premises of jobmasters.

These two attractive houses were classified as slums and demolished in 1939.

See historic maps of Blackheath