Point House, 18 West Grove, Blackheath, c. 1835
[Point House is in the Borough of Greenwich]
The advanced portion of West Grove on which Point House stands was land encroached from the Heath.
It was purchased by the trustees of Morden College in 1734, and Point House was probably built for John Hoare, the banker, in 1741.
Later tenants included members of the family of George Grote, the historian.
Since 1882 the house has served as a gentleman's club, an hotel, and a nurses' home. It has now been converted into flats.