The Knoll, Eliot Hill, Blackheath, 1980


The Knoll, Eliot Hill, was one of a number of large houses built fronting on to Blackheath at the end of the 18th century.

It was designed by local architect George Gibson for James Wright, a merchant. The house was enlarged during the 19th century and later became two separate properties. Its extensive grounds were developed into Oakcroft Road in 1904.

See historic maps of Blackheath