Brownhill Road, Catford, c.1905


Brownhill Road, now an important part of the South Circular, was not created until the late 1870s, when the demolition of Priory Farm made room for it.

For the first decade it was only a short cul-de-sac, and until the development of the Corbett Estate began in the late 1890s, houses extended only two or three hundred yards from Rushey Green.

These were some of the original 1880s houses.

Clerks made up a large proportion of the early residents, but there was also a professional cricketer living here.

See historic maps of Catford