Laurel Cottage, Rushey Green, Catford, c. 1880


Laurel Cottage was one of the false starts in Catford's development. The house was built in the early 1870s and demolished in 1889 to make way for Prendergast's School (now itself replaced by Kaleidoscope).

The only occupant was C. T. Williams, the job master, whose services as a removal man must have been useful in the growing suburb, but education took precedence.

See historic maps of Catford