Leahurst, 115 Bromley Road, Catford, 1922




This postcard was sent to us from Sheffield with a request for more information about its location.

Lewisham Archives were able to determine, thanks to Kelly's Lewisham, Brockley and Catford Directory for 1921, that the address is 115 Bromley Road, Catford.

The house was built in 1909 - 1910 by James Watt, the developer of much of southern Catford. He also built and ran the Central Hall cinema (now closed) at the corner of Bromley Road and Sangley Road.

H. Elton, 12 Lindal Road, Crofton Park. (c) Barry Cummings. Information supplied by John Coulter.

See historic maps of Catford