Lewisham Town Hall, Catford, Lewisham, c. 1835


Municipal Lewisham came to Catford in 1875 when the old Town Hall was built by the Lewisham Board of Works.

The site had become parish property under an enclosure award in the early 19th century.

The building was later enlarged by the addition of a west wing, (the left hand side as seen in this view). It was partly obscured  by the building of the Lewisham Theatre to its east and demolished in the 1968 to make way for the new Town Hall.

See historic maps of Catford