247 and 249 Lewisham Way, Deptford New Town, Lewisham, 1987


Brunswick Place was the original name for three pairs of grand houses which dated from 1806. Later infill of houses between, and shops to the front retain the symmetry of the original pattern, but ruin the style and the proportion.

The generous size of the original house was in stark contrast to the much smaller ones to be built just to the north.