St John's Station, Deptford New Town, Lewisham, 1969


St John's Station opened in 1873, though its line, the North Kent opened 24 years earlier.

A rival station, Lewisham Road opened 2 years later on the Greenwich Park line. This is no longer in use but its buildings still stand.

The building of the two stations boosted housing development south of Lewisham Way on the Wickham Park and Thyrwilt-Drake Estates.