Flagon Row, Wellington Street, Deptford, Lewisham, c. 1880
This photograph shows the south side of Wellington Street, formerly Flagon Row. What remains of it is now known as McMillan Street. The view looks west towards Deptford High Street.
Flagon Row was at the heart of the ancient town of Deptford with its nucleus around the nearby St Nicholas' Church.
The houses were demolished in 1896 to make way for an extension of Creek Road east to the end of Evelyn Street.